Untapping Your Inner Strength
So often I hear people say "You are so strong. I would never be able to survive what you have lived through. What they fail to realize though is that at that time In my life I had very little inner strength. I was scared. I was vulnerable. Strong is not the word I would have ever used to describe myself.
"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Inner strength is developed over time. You must have the capabilities to get through the hard times without giving up. Here are the five qualities I believe you must develop to make it through any situation.
1. Sleep - Believe it or not developing and sticking to clear bedtime and morning routines everyday is vital to your overall health.
2. Spirituality- "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Aaron Tippin (Video
published October 2009) Whether you are religious or not somehow you need to get in touch with your inner spirit.
3. Physical health- keeping up with your overall health and fitness builds strength both physically, mentally and spiritually.
4. Mental health- All people have some sort of mental disability in my opinion. The key is learning to overcome the difficulties in your own life.
5. Spontaneity- Please make room for a little spontaneous fun. Life never goes exactly as planned. It is no big deal if you put off a sink full of dishes to take your kids on a last minute evening nature hike.
Developing yourself in these areas will help you in different ways to help you achieve your goals and get you through the tough times in life.
In my next five posts I will go into these five qualities in more depth. Please leave a comment below and tell me what you think creates inner strength in you.