How to Live Your Best Life
I have a new shirt that says "Don't wish for it; Work for It." That just may be my message the past couple weeks. God says
“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
I have many wishes but I need to prepare. I need to put routines in place that will allow me to complete the work I need to do to make my wishes come true. "Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." Proverbs 16:3
I was listening to a YouTube video the other day by Alex Heyne of Modern Health Monk titled "My 12 rules for an epic life" these 'rules' are things I already know I should be doing but the laziness gets the better of me after working 8 long hours 5 days a week. His rules are:
1. Read 30 minutes a day.
2. Limit Social media
3. Pretend that all your thoughts will become true; turn the negatives into positives.
4. Track all the things you're scared of like finances or weight.
5. Make sure you are on the right course.
6. Morning tea ritual
7. Consciously chart a course forward.
8. Journal everyday.
9. Get your blood flowing 45 minutes a day 5 days a week.
10. Cook your meals.
11. Follow your intuition when making decisions.
12. Dedicate yourself to growth.
I am not wishing for an epic life just a life of quality with the people I love doing the things I love.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
Here is my interpretation of those rules:
1. Read 30 minutes a day - this is a good habit to have.
2. Limit social media- I spend far too long scrolling.
3. Think positive always - This takes a lot of self training.
4. Track all the hard stuff like finances, weight, goals and your charted course.
5. Spend time each day evaluating the course you are on.
6. Morning coffee with Jesus- morning coffee and prayers.
7. Always move your life and goals in the forward direction.
8. Journal everyday.
9. Twelve thousand steps a day.
10. Meal plan each week.
11. Before making major decisions pray, think and pray some more.
12. Dedicate yourself to service. Volunteer at least two hours a week.
Moving forward toward your goals does not need to be stressful. You will have set backs. Just stay on course the best you can and you can reach the moon.